CNPS solicits information about proposed changes to the CNPS Inventory via the Rare Plant Status Review Process. The CNPS Rare Plant Program encourages anyone who has knowledge about native plants, particularly rare plants, to contribute their comments/data as a Rare Plant Status Reviewer via the Rare Plant Status Review Forum.
In order to join a Regional Plant Status Review Group and/or become a member of the Rare Plant Status Review Forum, please fill out and submit the rare plant status reviewer form and follow instructions below to register on the forum.
If you feel you might qualify as a reviewer, but are not able to fill out and/or submit this form, please contact the CNPS Rare Plant Program at email@example.com for more information on how to become involved.
Instructions to register:
- Go to forum.cnps.org/register to create a new forum user account.
- Fill in the fields on the registration form using the same Username and Email you entered in the rare plant status reviewer form. Please choose a username that contains your real name (e.g. joe smith, joesmith1, etc.).
- After registering, email your Username to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you receive an email confirmation from CNPS, log in at the top of forum.cnps.org/forum/rare-plant-status-review.
- Click on a taxon to review and use the “Post Reply” button to share your comments/data.
Note: This discussion forum is only visible when you are logged in. Failure to complete steps #1-4 above will prevent you from accessing this forum. Forum registration requires you to enter date of birth, but you don’t have to make this a real entry. CNPS does not use, track, or distribute date of birth information in any way or form.
This project has been developed by the CNPS Rare Plant Program and the CNPS Rare Plant Program Committee. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the CNPS Rare Plant Program or the Rare Plant Status Review Forum.
Status Review Forum
Note: You must first register and receive an email confirmation prior to viewing this forum.