CNPS Fire Recovery Guide
Download the revised edition today!
What should you do with your land after a wildfire?
The CNPS Fire Recovery Guide addresses that question in an easy-to-use booklet. The new statewide guide is a collaborative effort between CNPS, dozens of partner organizations, and scientists across the state. Sections include:
- Frequently asked questions about wildfire in California
- A post-fire checklist for property owners
- A decision-flow diagram for post-fire conditions
- Erosion control recommendations
- Tips for tree care and landscaping after fire
- Defensible space updates, and
- An overview of California’s most fire-prone habitats
The “new normal” of intense fire seasons requires us to be informed and aware of how fires start, how they spread, and what to do to care for our land and the biodiversity we steward. This guide will help anyone who wants to make their property and their communities safer and more resilient.
Chris Paulus on decades of fire suppression and how agencies are returning fire to Sierra Nevada habitat
Living with Fire
The first in our series on the impact, causes, and solutions surrounding California wildfire and the “new normal.”
As a CNPS member, you help to preserve and protect California’s native plants and special places for generations to come.