South Coast Chapter Fall Plant Sale
September 30 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Our fall plant sale will be on Saturday Sept 30, 2023 at the Madrona Marsh Nature Center from 10 AM until 2 PM. Unlike previous years, we will not be individually pre-ordering plants. This sale will be in-person. We will have plants from PVPLC and Tree of Life Nursery. Left over plants will be sold at a discount at the following Monday night meeting.
- What’s new this year?
- We are returning to an in-person sale.
- We will have seeds of common garden annuals to give away with a minimum plant purchase and to sell
- We encourage you to bring seeds from your garden to trade or give away
- We will also have brief tutorials
- How can I find out more about native plants for my garden before I get to the sale?
- Review the planting guide HERE (https://chapters.cnps.org/southcoast/2022/10/10/planting-guide/)
- If you want to check into plants that would be viable in your garden before the sale, Calscape (for plants) and Bloom California (for philosophy and design) are great starting points.
- Don’t forget to check Tree of Life Nursery‘s web site and the PVPLC web site as well – they are chock full of information.
- How can I find out more about native plants at the sale?
- Don’t forget that the Madrona Marsh Nature Center is surrounded by a beautiful demonstration garden
- Also don’t forget that the Madrona Marsh itself is open to the public and may provide inspiration.
- Can I volunteer?
- Yes! Please contact us by email and we will work around your availability and skills. We need all skills, age, and capabilities. We particularly need people on Friday the 29th to set up the sale as well as on the 30th, the day of the sale.
- I’d really like to have assurance that I can get a (large) quantity of Ceanothus “Yankee Point” (or any other plant). How can I do this?
- Please contact us with an email. We will try to order and set aside specific large quantities of the same plant so that you can get your order and other attendees will still have good availability.