Eriogonum Society 9th Annual Meeting
June 14 - June 18$120
Tentative Schedule. Register and check for updates here.
- Thursday, 6/14 – Registration and Board meeting. Possible 5:00 reception at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens (RSABG).
- Friday, 6/15 – ll day at RSABG and involve two half day Eriogonum identification workshop, tours of the RSABG facilities and collections (herbarium, grounds, seed storage facility, and plant nursery), a catered dinner, and a talk by Nick Jensen of buckwheats of Tejon Ranch.
- Saturday, 6/16– Field trip to the San Bernardino Mountains. Naomi Fraga and others will lead the field trips.
- Sunday, 6/17– Field trip to Tejon Ranch led by Nick Jensen. There are numerous buckwheat species there, including the beautiful endemic Eriogonum calistum. Catered dinner and talk that evening. Annual report from the Board of Directors.
- Monday 6/18– could be a field trip to the coast. Leader to be determined.
In addition to Nick’s talk, ideas for other talks include one by Naomi and/or others on the San Bernardino Mountain buckwheats and another by someone in the Eriogonum Working Group on current research on buckwheats (e.g., Peter Pearman and/or Travis Columbus).