- This event has passed.
47th Annual Southern California Botanists Symposium
Virtual Online Symposium!
- Christopher DiVittorio, PhD — Conservation of species and evolutionary processes on coastal sand dunes
- Regan Dunn, PhD — Harbinger of the future: Drought, fire, and extinction in the latest Pleistocene
- Lluvia Flores-Renteria, PhD — Elements to consider in the conservation of pinyon pines
- Karolina Heyduk, PhD – – Local adaptation in a desert perennial: early data from Joshua tree common gardens
- Anne Kelly, PhD – – The present and future of Mojave ecosystems
- Travis Longcore, PhD – – Rarities and Relicts: Historical Ecology as Guide to the Lost and Remnant Vegetation Types of Southern California
- Michael Moore, PhD — Staying Alive: biomineralization and climate change on a gypsum archipelago
- Jesse Potter — Bolsa Chica: History, Restoration, and Rarities
- James Thorne, PhD – – Considering Analog Climates and Vegetation- and Micro-Refugia for Climate-Adaptive Plant Conservation
- Loraine Washburn, PhD – – Horrid Holdouts from the Eocene: Deep Time Considerations for Conserving Nevin’s Barberry
- Early Registration $35
- Same Day Resgistration $45
- Student rate $5. Students, please email membership AT socalbot.org before registering with proof of student status for the discount code which you can apply at check out. Student admission fee is $5.00 ($30 discount).