CNPS Workshop Participant Expectations
All CNPS workshop attendees are expected to be respectful of fellow participants and the natural environments visited during the workshop. By registering for a CNPS workshop, you agree to:
All workshop participants need to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination before attending. Within 5 days of registration, participants are required to send Alyssa Huante (firstname.lastname@example.org) a scan or photo of proof of vaccination. This information will be kept strictly confidential and deleted following review of Education staff. We will notify you when your proof of vaccination has been approved and subsequently deleted. We are closely monitoring COVID-19 state and CDC guidelines. We will be enforcing all recommended guidelines, including mask wearing, social distancing and other protocols. As COVID-19 variants continue to spread, there may be a possibility that we must cancel a workshop(s). By registering for a workshop, you agree to abide by all safety guidelines and protocols; you also acknowledge that a workshop may need to be canceled due to developments related to COVID-19. If CNPS cancels a workshop, your registration fee will be fully refunded. Our top priority is your safety and security, as well as those of participants and CNPS staff.
- Within 5 days of registration, send Alyssa Huante (email@example.com) a scan or photo of your proof of vaccination. This information will be kept strictly confidential and deleted following review of Education staff. We will notify you when your proof of vaccination has been approved and subsequently deleted.
- Sign a waiver of liability on the first day of the workshop, before beginning the workshop.
- Stay with the group at all times, and inform an instructor or staff if you need to leave the group, leave early for any reason, or if you will be late or a no-show on any day of the workshop.
- Refrain from any behavior that would endanger your safety or the safety of other participants, and notify instructors or staff of any potential safety hazards.
- Practice “leave no trace” principles in the field, including:
- Take care not to damage or disrupt vegetation or wildlife.
- Refrain from collecting plants unless CNPS has specifically obtained permission to do so.
- Stay on the trail, unless an instructor specifically tells you it’s okay to go off-trail.
- Be respectful of others in the workshop. If you display any kind of discriminatory behavior or harassment, you will be asked to leave immediately.
Only those who have registered and paid for the workshop are allowed to participate, including time spent in the field or on hikes, out of fairness to paying participants as well as for liability reasons. Please do not bring along any friends, family, coworkers, or other guests who are not registered.
Please note, pets are not allowed in any classroom or field portions of CNPS workshops.
Thanks for your help in fostering a productive learning environment and respecting the special plants and lands we visit during workshops!