The Consulting Botanist Certification (CBC) is a collaboration of many groups and organizations, and is administered by CNPS. The CBC includes three standing committees to implement and administer it: Board of Certification, Professional Ethics Committee, and Advisory Committee. Board of Certification members are Certified Botanists elected by their peers, and the Professional Ethics Committee is also composed of Certified Botanists and one attorney specializing in ethics. The Advisory Committee is composed of representatives from groups and organizations with an interest in supporting and maintaining high standards in the professional botanist community and who support the CBC. The main function is to serve as a communication channel between cooperating organizations and the Board of Certification so that the cooperating organizations stay apprised of the CBC status. Members of the Advisory Committee do not need to be Certified Botanists, and membership in this committee is approved by the Board of Certification.
All fees obtained through the certification testing process will be used to administer the CBC.
- Botanical Society of America
- California Botanical Society
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Northern California Botanists
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Southern California Edison Company
- University of California & Jepson Herbaria
- University of California Davis Plant Sciences