The California Native Plant Society (CNPS) takes your privacy seriously, seeking to ensure that the information you share with us is treated responsibly and respectfully. This privacy statement informs you of CNPS policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive directly from you and/or users of the Site.
By using this website and providing CNPS with Personal Information, you agree to the terms of this policy.
Collecting Personal Information
CNPS may collect and use the following kinds of Personal Information:
- Information you provide while conducting business with CNPS or using our website may include, but is not limited to: your name, billing and shipping address, email address, and credit card or banking information.
- Standard information about your use of the website, including: your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type (Chrome, Firefox, etc.), browser version, the pages on our website you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spend on those pages and other statistics. CNPS uses Google Analytics to collect, monitor, and analyze our website visitor activity. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Using Personal Information
CNPS may use your Personal Information to:
- Send you any products purchased
- Provide information that you request
- Supply services purchased
- Send statements and invoices
- Collect payments. Administer the website
- Personalize the website for you
- Send newsletters, marketing or promotional materials or other information to accomplish the CNPS mission. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from these communications.
CNPS will never sell your personal information. Where CNPS discloses your personal information to its agents or sub- contractors for the purposes identified elsewhere above, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, CNPS may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
By providing CNPS with Personal Information, you agree to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this policy.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: California Native Plant Society 2707 K Street, Suite 1, Sacramento, CA, 95762, United States. To opt out of emails, you can simply hit the Unsubscribe link, which sits at the bottom of every email that CNPS sends.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
When you click on links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at California Native Plant Society 2707 K Street, Suite 1, Sacramento, CA, 95762, United States.
Last Updated: August 21, 2017