CNPS Forums  

Go Back   CNPS Forums > CNPS Public Forums > Growing Natives Discussion Forum

Old 10-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Bill

Default "Growing Native" is alive and well!

I am sure you folks have all heard of the demise of my newsletter, Growing Native. Inflation ran me out after ten years.

How to get information to you more cheaply and in a different format? PDF on the internet is the answer! I have spent the last year reorganizing information, and I think you will like it. Check my website and see a description of the first four segments:

1. The Basics of Growing Natives Successfully and The Plant Communities.

2. 175 perennials, 115 for the dry garden, 60 for moist or west.

3. 150 shrubs, about half evergreen and have deciduous.

4. Wildlife and Inspiration pieces.

Each segment is a minimum of 40 pages, and has several bonuses. Each is only $14.95, and you can pay through PayPal (you don't have to join them) with a credit card. As soon as your card is OKd, you can simply print the pieces instantly, as a PDF, on your own printer. If you don't want to use a credit card, send me an email and I will tell you how to do it. (And if you want to keep the pages in good shape, buy some plastic sleeves and put them in binders. That's what I do.)

Coming within the year will be four more segments: our favorite plants -- oaks, ceanothus and manzanita; California prehistory and history and a visionary view; birds, butterflies and other flying critters; and trees, annuals and bulbs.

If there is enough support, I will hit the road again and find more interesting people and gardens, taking my own pictures this time.

I am really excited to be coming back. My native plant readers were so wonderful -- they never whined! I think we all know we are working toward a positive end, with beauty and wholeness that few other Californicans even imagine. Instead of being depressed and often feeling hopeless, we are creating a better tomorrow. Thank you for being who you are!

Louise Lacey