PDA

View Full Version : La Verne Area -- landscaping consultant

Anonymous
09-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for a good landscaping consultant in the La Verne - San Dimas area?

I'd like to help my elderly mother with her new yard in La Verne (I live & normally garden in the SF Bay area). While not especially knowledgeable about native plants, my mom very much likes gardening. But her new backyard is going to be a challenge for her at this point. It is relatively large & in need of help -- lots of full sun, long dry expanses of exposed (unattractive) fence.

Though I have ideas, I think we need some expert help to come up with a good plan for her situation.

Anyone have recommendations for a landscaping consultant, especially one who could recommend CA natives suitable for the site?

Thanks!

ireneh
09-23-2004, 01:38 PM
You might try www.mynativeplants.com to create a list of suitable native plants for your site (this is linked to www.laspilitas.com). You simply enter your zip, water schedule (usually about 1 hour every 2 weeks in Summer, Spring, and Fall), soil type and mulch, and it will create a list of native plants appropriate for your site. I don't want to be self-promotional, but you could check out my website at www.calown.com for info on consulting services we offer if you still need help. Good luck.