PDA

View Full Version : New Plant?

harold hedelman
08-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi All,

I found this forum while looking for information on a plant I found in my landscaping. I have never seen one like this and I don't know where it came from.

I don't know very much about this stuff because I'm just a weekend gardener, but I am sure I have never seen a plant like the one I found while weeding the landscaping.

Is there any way to upload a picture of it here so I could get some feedback on what it is?

Thank you,

Robert Boucher

jdonoghue2
08-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, the forum software we're using won't let us easily add attachment uploading. We've been looking at other forum software that has features such as uploading attachments; and if this is something that participants would find useful, please let us know. Initially, we didn't think uploading attachments was a good idea becuase it could be used inappropriately and might require more policing of the user forums.

In the meantime, to help you identify your plant, I would encourage you to contact one of the frequent participators of this forum, such as Paul Furman. His contact information is included in this post:

http://www.cnps.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=556

(Paul, I hope this is okay with you. Please let me know if otherwise).

-CNPS Web team

Anonymous
10-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Yes, I would love to have a way to upload attachments.

I would also like to know how to only view the new posts.

- Arvind

jdonoghue2
10-08-2004, 08:49 AM
If you registered, when you log in to the forum and go to the main forums page that lists all the available forums, there will be a set of links on the top right of the forum menu that say:

View posts since last visit
View your watched posts
View your posts
View unanswered posts

Clicking the top link will list all new posts since your last visit. Unfortunately it lists all new posts in all forums, but it identifies which forum each post is from, so you can only read the ones for the forums you desire.

Also, after logging in, if you go directly to the forum of interest, new posts are identified with a different colored icon in the topic list. Old posts are marked with a white icon, while new posts are marked with an orage icon.

I hope that helps.

CNPS Webteam