PDA

View Full Version : cold fire

Anonymous
06-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Date: 08/30/02
Time: 04:31 PM

has anybody considered the affect of the various fire departments brush clearence programs on the re-generation of oakwoodlands. trees over 8" in diameter are protected, but the young saplings are destroyed.i've also seen entire hillsides cleared because it is easier, for owners to deal with, than having to respond to continious badgering from the fire department.birds are affeceted as well(nests,insect habitat,berries}.i would imagine thousands of acres,in california, are being "clear cut" and will not regenerate once the leaf litter and living nutrients are removed in black plastic lawn bags. i believe the fire departments are so single minded in their pursuit of a fire free world that they are doing more damage to the enviroment than fires. also, why is the fire department doing the insurance industry's feildwork with tax payers money? are e.i.r.s being done? see ceqa 21001.1..thank-you,jerry....................................

Anonymous
06-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Date: 06/14/03
Time: 05:36 PM

Yeah, this world works in this way, but what can we do? Sometimes life can be so bad that perhaps Christians should stop believing in "hell"