PDA

View Full Version : Research on bush monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus)

Anonymous
06-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Date: 01/03/02
Time: 04:17 PM

I am a PhD student at UC San Diego, conducting my dissertation research on the factors responsible for maintaining different flower colors of Mimulus aurantiacus (bush monkeyflower; aka Diplacus) in San Diego County. As such, I am planning several experiments for this spring that involve pollinator observations and need to find appropriate areas to conduct this research. I am looking for anyone that would be willing to allow me to conduct this research on their property, especially in east county (Poway, Lakeside, Ramona, etc. I need an area that is open, relatively flat, and somewhat close to a natural population of monkeyflower. Ideally, this would involve areas where there are yellow flowers only, or mixtures of many flower colors. Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
06-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Date: 01/03/02
Time: 10:12 PM

You might try contacting Goodan Ranch & Sycamore Canyon Open Space (Friends President Karen Larsen (858-485-5077)www.goodanranch, the Iron Mountain Conservancy, the City of Poway (Lake Poway or one of their other open space areas), County Parks for Dos Picos, and/or the Back Country Land Trust about Crestridge if you are looking for an open space park to conduct the work. I forwarded your message to a couple of people I know that live in the Poway/Ramona area. You might try contacting the Mussey Grade Alliance in Ramona. Cindy