PDA

View Full Version : Yucca Whipplei

Anonymous
04-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Hello All! I planted 3 Yuccas from one gallon cans that I bought from the CNPS Sale 2 years ago. They have nice green-gray leaves, but not much has happened in 2 years. When can I expect the beautiful long rosette and those beautiful cream colored flowers to emerge? Many thanks for taking the time to respond! AlainSunset # 19</p>

Anonymous
04-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Hello Alain, Yucca whips normally go three to five years before flowering. Then of course they die. That is why i start planting the first year and keep planting every year after that so that every year I get some flower stalks. This year I have a two year old and a four year old blooming. The four year old is a much thicker stalk and will have more flowers by far that the thin little two year old stalk, oh well. I have heard people say that their YW`s take up to eight years on occasion before flowering but perhaps that is from seed.Anyway, don`t worry, probably next year you will have your first blooms-My advice is plant some more now and do so every fall or early winter to insure a yearly stalk or two. Best-Dan</p>