PDA

View Full Version : plant killer tries to reform...

Anonymous
04-14-2003, 10:33 AM
where: San Pedro L.A. Harbor CA, 2 story apt balcony railing east facing what: flowering climber or clinging vine, etc - easy care, easy insect control b`flies & l`bugs welcome! whats my best plant bet here? can i start with cuttings or get established plants? how many individual plants should i use? soil? spaced pots or continuous boxes? local nurseries? railing: approx 22`, 45 30' vert members connect handrail to toerail OH! and we have a cat. thanks! :D </p>

Anonymous
04-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Good, easy vines include Calystegia macrostegia bush island morning glory or native Clematis or even Maurandya, which is a delicate little Snapdragon vine. Any of these would like to be grown in a pot of unamended decomposed granite. You will only need a couple pots to fill your space. You can also add some pots containing Dudleya, penstemon, pink buckwheat, Erigeron, and/or Zauschneria for additional color same mix. Tree of Life or Las Pilitas in Escondido has most or all of these www.laspilitas.com. Hope this helps.</p>

Anonymous
05-05-2003, 09:37 AM
'a pot of unamended decomposed granite'? im trying to imagine what youd have to do to a chunk of granite to lol green-thumb-challenged version please? and 'bush island morning glory' made me wonder if a mix of blue morning glory & moonflower would be suitable? neighbor tried hacking their blue out a few times why i dont know - beats the hell out of their weed garden & it ALWAYS comes back. </p>