PDA

View Full Version : Juniper Bushes

Anonymous
01-29-2003, 05:20 AM
Our school is doing a restoration project on a nearby river. The river is heavily polluted and eroding. I heard the Juniper bush can help with erosion. Can anyone give me info on the finer points of that plant?</p>

Anonymous
01-30-2003, 12:55 PM
I`m wondering what area you`re from - native junipers typically occur in desert transistion zones. I would recommend that you check at Las Pilitas`s website www.laspilitas.com and also their native plant design software at www.mynativeplants.com. You can put in your zip code, soil type, etc. and it will generate a list of plants for you. Unfortunately, not knowing where you are from makes it hard to make specific recommendations for plants. Good luck.</p>

Anonymous
02-07-2003, 05:17 AM
Winnie - I agree with Greg Rubin - we would have to know more about where you arer located. I have to say that I`ve never heard of junipers being used for erosion control along streambanks. Junipers are not really riparian plants. Anyway, with some specific location info, we may be able to find people who could provide plant information. Lori Hubbart</p>