PDA

View Full Version : adenostoma (redshanks)

Anonymous
01-11-2003, 10:30 AM
i am looking to obtain seeds or better yet seedlings of adenostoma sparsifolium, known as 'redshanks' a southern california chapparal species. does anyone on this board have such material or know of a commercial mail-order source that has them available now? would be glad to either purchase or maybe trade i have seedlings of the rare and endangered guadalupe island cypress---cupressus guadalupensis ssp. guadalupensis. any help or information appreciated.</p>

Anonymous
01-11-2003, 05:45 PM
I would think the Theodore Payne Foundation near Pasadena would have seens for red shanks. What they would think of trading for rare plant seeds, I don`t know. Certainly, botanic gardens and such won`t want to acquire plants rare or otherwise without reliable acquisition data, and assurances that the plant material was gotten through proper channels. At any rate, red shanks should not be hard to find. Payne is the organization that somes first to my mind, but maybe someone else can suggest another source. Lori Hubbart</p>

Anonymous
01-12-2003, 01:16 PM
thanks for the info--the key thing is do they mail-order since i live in oregon. the trades were only a possible consideration for dealing with private individuals who might be interested in such a transaction. </p>

Anonymous
01-15-2003, 05:55 AM
Payne Foundation does have a great variety of seeds, but their current catalogue http://www.theodorepayne.org/store.html lists only Adenostoma fasciculatum. And yes, they do sell seed packets by mail. Bob Hansen</p>