PDA

View Full Version : Yerba mansa flowering

1wheeler1743@att.net
06-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I purchased a Yerba mansa (Anemopsis californica) from the CNPS sale in SLO about two winters ago. It is planted in a perennially moist soil at the base of a north facing fence with about four to five hours of sun a day. The plant grows vigorously throughout the Spring and Summer but has produced no flowers. When can I expect this plant to flower? Are there conditions it must meet, or an age it must reach, before flowering?

Tom

DanH
06-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey, welcome aboard. In case you haven't realized it, this forum has pretty much collapsed. But I encourage you to stay active and continue to post new material; I enjoy reading it. There are at least a few active users on here, and hopefully in time we can rebuild this community.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with growing Anemopsis californica. I have seen it growing rampant in this boggy/marshy area in SoCal. Maybe your soil isn't moist enough?? Although it sounds like your plant is extremely happy. So hopefully someone else will chime in with some answers. Good luck.

-Dan