PDA

View Full Version : Growing any Fern Allies

terrestrial_man
03-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I am wondering if anyone is growing, has grown, or is interested in growing any of the various species of Lycopodium or Selaginella that may occur within the state of California, or of any native North American species of same?

DanH
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't know the first thing about growing those plants, but I would love to hear about what you were planning. Are there some species in particular that interest you? Sorry I don't have any insight. I just joined the forum and was super excited that such a place existed......until I realized that the place is dead! I'm ready to see some more discussions going on.

terrestrial_man
03-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't know the first thing about growing those plants, but I would love to hear about what you were planning. Are there some species in particular that interest you? Sorry I don't have any insight. I just joined the forum and was super excited that such a place existed......until I realized that the place is dead! I'm ready to see some more discussions going on.

Thanks Dan for your post. You are so right. This forum is rarely visited but I think it is because the society does not promote the forum as a means of communication between its members, non-member guests, and chapters. But hopefully it will change. All one can do is try. However, I have decided to post my experiences with North American native Selaginella species here. Perhaps that will encourage participation??