View Full Version : Help with plant and wildflower ID?

02-16-2008, 01:15 PM
I have been studying and photographing plants and wildflowers of the South Bay. Several photos don't seem to match anything in Peterson and need ID's. I have posted them on a PBase site at:

I know that a number of these are exotics, but I still wish to identify them. I would appreciate the benefit of your experience and expertise. All ideas and comments welcome!

Thanks very much,

PS: While there you are welcome to take a look at my other natural history shots.

02-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks to those who posted replies so far. I have several ID's and also some new ones up. The name of the gallery has changed. Please take a look at:

03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
#3984 (the unidentified plant with no flowers) is one of the lamb's quarters in the chenopodiacea family. it could be chenopodium alba (old name) for common lambsquarters, or it looks a bit more like winter lambsquarters-botanical name of that i don't know off-hand. It is a non-native weed that is very good tasting as salad greens and healthful. best picked young and tender.

03-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks to Doreen, John, Dan and others for the ID help. I have labeled several species as a result and will be moving them to my Wildflowers and Plants galleries.

I have put up four more yellow composites from Oka Ponds, and also two new wildflowers from Picchetti Ranch area of Monte Bello Open Space Preserve. I would appreciate your help identifying these as well. They are at:

Thanks very much.