PDA

View Full Version : Wow, no posts!

Dan
08-01-2007, 04:27 PM
And to think this used to be a thriving message board full of good questions and varied and detailed answers. Are we all too busy to share on this board? Did the change in the board a couple years ago mess people up? I know there is more interest in natives than ever before!
What web sites and discussion forums (if any) do you visit?
Best to all-Dan

Greg Rubin
08-26-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm wondering if it isn't because there is no meat to this forum yet. In other words, they have deleted all the old posts which would attract interested parties in the first place. I used to get a kick out of responding to queries - now there is nothing!

slubin
09-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi,

I am working on a site in Mountain View where the land manager wants to replace sod with native plants. The goal is to reduce water use and labor costs. He wants to hold events there... meaning there will be foot traffic, tables, chairs, etc. The land is close to the Bay, full sun, on fill soil, but does not the get brackish water influence of the Bay. Does anyone know if there are low growing natives (from South Bay watersheds, if possible) that can handle foot traffic that could replace sod? The bunch grasses that I am used to working with seem too bunchy and tall to replace sod. Any ideas??

Thanks much-
Sheri